This 3D printer board electronics has been designed and developed using all the great contributions and feedback from the RepRap CloneWars group in Spain. All shortcomings from other similar boards have been addressed providing an affordable yet feature rich 3D printer electronics. The result, the SAV MkI.
We have addressed the main problems and functionality limitations that equivalent electronics have:
- No more heat sinks or fans to keep the hotend and heatbed FETs cold.
- High speed native USB connectivity going up to 8Mbps
- Builtin uSD reader for autonomous printing
- Bluetooth dongle interface (dongle not provided, tested with HC-05 and HC-06) with level adapter built in for wireless operation.
- Designed and Made in Europe.
This is your one stop electronics to get your 3D printer up and running; simply connect and you are ready to print. Small, high performance, feature rich and affordable.
Feature rich yet affordable 3d printer electronics. The SAV MkI has been designed after taking feedback from the Clone Wars RepRapers out there. We have come through with an electronics that we believe will meet your expectations.
- Hotend and heatbed well dimensioned FETs that can take up to 15A without heat-sinks.
- High speed native USB interface connectivity going up to 8Mbps so that there is no lag on your prints.
- 12V built-in fan controller for your layer fan or hot end cooling.
- Micro SD reader for autonomous printing.
- Bluetooth dongle (dongle not provided, tested with HC-05 and HC-06) interface adapted to its logic levels for wireless operation.
- Expansion bus to connect a keyboard and LCD.
- Support for 4 standard pololu compatible stepper motor drivers.
We have even made a housing for your SAV MkI so that you can keep it nice and tidy in your printer. You can download the CAD files from here:
The box has been designed to house the board, a cooling fan for your stepper drivers (if needed), bluetooth dongle (HC-05 or HC-06) and for easy 3D printer and power supply wiring.
- Atmel AT90USB1286 Microcontroller @16 MHz
- Native USB interface
- Voltage input: (12V-20V)
- Internal regulated voltage: 5V and 3.3V
- Logic supplied by on-board voltage regulator through Vin
- Logic can also be supplied through USB (internal source selection).
- 2 x 15A switching connectors
- 1 x switching N-MOSFET for low power fan.
- on board uSD connector
- Bluetooth interface output levels adjusted for 3.3V logic (connected to UART1 - Rx and Tx).
- Four Endstop connectors supplied @ 5V. Includes X, Y, Z and E
- 2 Thermistors
- 14 Extra pins available for expansion and development, with the following capabilities
- -- UART1 (RX and TX)
- -- I2C (SDA and SCL)
- -- SPI (MOSI, MISO, SCK)
- -- PWM pin (1)
- -- Analog I/O (6)
- -- JTAG (uses some of the ADC pins)
Dimensions: 100mm x 65mm
SW, Firmware and SDK
- Marlin (pre-loaded) - Marlin´s main branch already supports the SAV-MkI (MOTHERBOARD==83)
- Bootloader: LUFA's CDC Bootloader
- SDK: Arduino IDE with Teensy add-on.
- Windows users only, will need to install USB Serial device (will be downloaded with the Teensy environment).
If you like the board, please support our croudfunding campaign:
You can get one protorun board from our online store, but stocks are very limited (here).